Collaborationception

Welcome to my very first blog post! So I wanted to touch on collaboration and how I definitely have been a part of collaborative human processes. Ideally, to collaborate is to work with others in order to complete a thought, come up with an idea, or to settle something. A good example of a collaboration is when a team is brought together in order to accomplish a certain goal. Whether that be a team of lawyers hired in order to build a strong case for their client and win. Or it can be as simple as a volleyball team with each individual player doing their part for the overall outcome of winning a game. Although I have been a part of collaborating with a sports team I wanted to touch more on my collaborations that focused on technology, social media specifically. I work for a jewelry company as a part of their marketing team. So with the help of me and two other women, we decide what to post, when to post it, and who we want to target. With each line this company comes up with we all sit down and decide how we want to run virtual “styling” and also how to draw people to sign up for personal styling. Each of us is creative in our own ways so we end up covering our tasks pretty well. In my experience collaborations have gone particularly well because it is not only with people I enjoy, but also with people who have the same goal as I do. With our collaborations we end up helping customers collaborate with their stylist. Collaborationception? Maybe. But overall, without it I believe many ideas that could have been “great” ended up staying as “good” because they did not have other insight. That being said, I am looking forward to learning more in depth what collaboration truly is and what can come from it.

Here is the link to where I received this picture: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/251216485442012436/

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey B’s in Three’s, I agree that a good example of collaboration is when a team is brought together and have the same goals to have success. Being a part of a college football team is an example of that because all though everyone on the team comes from a different background everyone on the team still has the goal to win. “Collaborationception” is a unique name because collaboration is a word that is underrated when talking about connecting people/things. And the “ception” part of the word brings the idea together.

      Delete
    2. Hi Bria!! I really like your piece on collaboration. I can really connect on the example you gave because I played on basketball team in high school. Everyone is working for one goal but all have to work together to get it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Improvise

Pepsi Ad - The Controversy

Presentations